Center for Financial Training
Your Preferred Partner for Professional Training and Development
The Center for Financial Training (CFTEA) provides education, training and informational courses and seminars for the financial services industry throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Virginia. Many of the courses CFT offers are applicable to nationally recognized diplomas and certificates, and can often be transferred to colleges and universities. The goal of all CFT training and educational programs is to provide job specific skills and knowledge to the financial services industry. CFTEA is a professionally staffed, non-profit organization based in New Gloucester, Maine and Norfolk Virginia. CFTEA is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Our MISSION is:
CFTEA is committed to offering professional continuing education programs in partnership with financial institutions and their employees. We value and deliver a high standard of cost-effective educational programs while promoting personal growth through professional development.
The Center for Financial Training has been providing industry specific training and education to banks and bankers for over 100 years. We began as several small, strictly volunteer chapters of the American Bankers Association’s educational arm, the American Institute of Banking.
In 1995 the volunteer chapters in Maine (six of them at the time), combined resources to become a professionally staffed chapter of the American Institute of Banking with an office in Portland, Maine. In 1997 we combined with New Hampshire and Vermont chapters to become Northern New England AIB and moved our office to Gray, Maine.
In 2000 all of the former chapters of the American Institute of Banking became independent organizations with the option of continuing as local providers of training and educational programs and products of the American Institute of Banking.
On January 1, 2013, CFT Virginia consolidated administrative functions with CFT Northern New England forming CFT Education Alliance to better serve its banks with expanded staffing and efficiencies. Virginia CFT has served its banks since 1909 and will continue to serve its banks into the future; providing the same high level of education offerings focused on today's banking industry.
CFTEA continues to be a local ABA Training Provider of the ABA Education Curriculum and Training Products. CFTEA also continues to develop new programs and products in response to the education and training needs of the financial services industries in Northern New England and Virginia. Our staff has now grown to four full-time positions and our offices are now in New Gloucester, Maine and Norfolk, Virginia.
- is a leader in providing the most current training that your employees need, delivered the way you want
- offers training with immediate on-the-job applications, coupled with programs of study that award industry-recognized certificates and diplomas
- offers flexible formats that fit every need: traditional evening and daytime classroom instruction, customized in-house programs, online and correspondence study options
- offers a comprehensive variety of training designed to make a difference at every level of responsibility
- is the industry's first choice for professional development solutions!
Why CFT is Your First Choice for Professional Training
- CFT specializes in financial institution training solutions
- CFT delivers relevant topics, including compliance, management, sales, retail banking, accounting, lending, teller and personal development.
- CFT offers results-oriented training with immediate on-the-job relevance
- CFT is the industry's leader in value and effectiveness
- CFT provides networking opportunities with leaders in your industry
- CFT programs enhance internal education programs already in place
- CFT delivers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 programs
- CFT diplomas and certificates may be earned
- CFT instructors are "subject matter experts" with a proven track record
- CFT training is available for all levels of employees:
- CFT offers flexible scheduling options to fit every student's needs:
- CFT provides professional development seminars
- CFT offers independent study, instructor-led online classes and short self-paced online training programs.
- CFT programs are available in traditional class setting courses, as well as customized, on-site training
How your company can see immediate results from "The CFT Advantage"
- Maximize your company's productivity and profitability
- Improve employee retention and morale
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
- Informed employees stay on top of compliance issues, decreasing your liability